- Anderson, M. (2003). Sacred Dying
- Belk, D. et al (2007). Undertaken with Love (booklet)
- Brennan, P. (2019). The Doula Business Guide: How to Succeed as a Birth, Postpartum or End-of-Life Doula, 3rd Edition
- Brennan, P. (2019). The Doula Business Guide Workbook: Tools to Create a Thriving Practice, 3rd Edition
- Butler, K. (2013). Knocking on Heaven’s Door
- Byock, I. (1997). Dying Well
- Callanan, M. and Kelley, P. (2012). Final Gifts: Understanding the Special Awareness, Needs and Communications of the Dying
- Cochran, D. (2019). Accompanying the Dying: Practical Heart-Centered Wisdom for End-of-Life Doulas and Health Care Advocates
- Gawande, A. (2014). Being Mortal
- Halifax, J. (2008). Being with Dying: Cultivating compassion and fearlessness in the presence of death
- Kalina, K. (2007). Midwife for Souls
- McCullough, D. (2008). My Mother, Your Mother
- Threshold Care Circle (2015). My Final Wishes (booklet available from http://www.thresholdcarecircle.org/resources/my-final-wishes)
- Warner, F. (2013). The Soul Midwives’ Handbook: The holistic and spiritual care of the Dying
- Williams-Murphy, M. and Murphy, K. (2012). It’s OK to Die
- Zitter, J. (2016). Extreme Measures: Finding a better path to the end of life
Best of the Web
- Gross, J. (2006). For the families of the dying: Coaching as the hours wane. New York Times.
- Lyles, M. (2004). Navigating children’s grief: How to help following a death. Children’s Grief Education Association.
- Span, P. (2016). The VSED Exit: A way to speed up dying, without asking permission. New York Times.
- Stecher, J. (2008). Viewpoint: ‘Allow natural death’ vs. ‘do not resuscitate.’ American Journal of Nursing 108(7), 11.
- Torrey, T. (2016). Steps to becoming a patient advocate or navigator. Verywell.com.
- Weidman, M. (2013). Inside a home funeral. The Daily Beast.