Home Funeral and Green Burial Workshop with Merilynne Rush
800 Hilton Rd #4
Ferndale, MI 48220
Contact Gloria directly with questions and to register. HURRY – workshop is limited to 20 participants.
Merilynne has been teaching Michigan families about home funeral for 10 years and has accompanied or assisted over 50 families to care for their own dead at home. In this intensive, hands-on workshop we will address:
- Accurate and well-researched information about Michigan laws and regulations (understanding the difference between law and common practice)
- How to care for the body immediately and in the days after death
- Creating sacred space and funeral ceremony
- Working with a funeral director (a requirement in Michigan and 9 other states)
- Creating a circle of support in your community
- Green Burial: What is it and where is it available in Michigan
- Changing the cultural paradigm and increasing natural death care options.
This workshop is also valuable for residents of other states, as much of the actual care and guidance is applicable throughout the US.
Home funerals bring healing and comfort to friends and family and are a normal extension of hospice care at home. This workshop gives EOL doulas, hospice workers, aides, clergy, family members, and those in the funeral industry the tools that are needed to plan and guide a family through home funeral and green burial.
Snacks, coffee and tea are provided. A dining room is available for those who bring their own lunch, or visit a local restaurant. Dress comfortably for movement. To register, email Gloria for a registration form to pay through Paypal or make other arrangements.
Merilynne served on the board of directors of the National Home Funeral Alliance and the Green Burial Council.